We are in the last quarter of the year. Are you at the finishing stages of your goals for 2021 and feel confident and on top of the world? Or, you are ruing the lack of progress and feeling underachieved?
No matter where you are, you have the opportunity to use the 77 remaining days of 2021 to progress towards your goals and make headway towards the career advancement you are looking for.
Starting on a new goal may seem overwhelming because of the magnitude of work or change required to accomplish it. However, thinking about the following helps make the shift from thoughts to action –
– Why is this goal important to me?
– How does it take me closer to the kind of person I want to become?
– What is the smallest step I can take today to be that person?
The journey to success is navigated via mini actions every day. This smallest step, the mini action, has a big and long-lasting impact because –
1. It meets you where you are. You know it is doable.
2. It is small, simple, and so sustainable.
3. Meeting your mini-goal every day builds momentum.
4. It is easier to course-correct based on the feedback from mini actions
5. The mini successes build confidence to carry on.
Before you know it, you have progressed so far that the rest of the journey stops daunting you. Slowly but steadily, you have become the person who nails your goals.
So, I ask you, what is the smallest step you will take today to get closer to your goal? You can choose to overcome the inertia and procrastination by taking mini actions that steer you towards your career advancement every day.
PC credit – PMI @ Twitter